Friday, August 7, 2009

40th Wedding Anniversary


The Anniversary actually started with a 6:00 am mass at Carmel. The Carmelite Sisters prepared breakfast for us but I had to leave for QC right after the Mass. I was lucky with the traffic situation and was able to get back home by 5:30 pm. Just in time but special guests MARIE and NIKOS got here ahead of me. Mama was still at the PT when mother and son arrived.
After the short but meaningful prayer delivered by Br. Bong before meals, our guests pose for a photo taken by our imported fotog, Marie. Food was prepared of course by Mama and consisted of roast turkey, lengua, greek salad,mosaca,pasta with spinach and shitake mushroom etc. We did not intend to have this little celebration but a booking problem with the airline and complicated by rescheduled CHED meeting prevented us from flying to a secret destination. We had planned to do the celebration similar to our 25th anniversary.

With my co-workers at DLSL Br. Ruben, Br. Bong and Br. Mawel of the Lipa FSC community. Since I just arrived from a CHED activity held at the QC Sports Club, first topic was a report to my President, Br. Mawel about what transpired earlier in the day. The others guests were chatting with Mama and Marie while grandson Nikos was showing off. Br. Mawel had to give two congratulatory messages to me, the first was for the anniversary and the second was for my election as the first national Vice President of the National Asssociation of Higher Education Institutions or NAHEI. It will be the sole organization that CHED will deal with for its major projects. The Board of NAHEI is composed of the 17 Regional Association Presidents. I represent Region IV-A, the second largest region for HEI's after NCR.

Close friends who joined us in our family celebration. Chito Ilagan, Nini Paz, Fe Pimentel, Nora Arreglado, Belen Villanueva, Connie Macasaet, Eddie Segismundo and Eli Paz.

What was the laughing all about? I tried to drink the champagne ala newly weds, crossing my arms around Mama's. We didn't do it the first time 40 years ago so it was all in fun. In you noticed, Marie was not in the photos. She was our photographer and she couldn't entrust her Nikon SLR to anybody else. I will post other photos in my kodak gallery albums for all to see.

No comments: